Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Johnny Robles Detached Print On Sale Today


Johnny Robles is making his debut with 1xRUN today. Learn about his print Detached.

"I remember I was listening to an audiotape on the way to meet the client who’s wall I was going to paint during the week of Art Basel Miami in 2009. The tape was recorded in the 70’s and was translated from Hindi to English. The speaker on the tape mentioned an example of man being a “covered lantern.” I immediately envisioned in so many ways what this might look like.

So the piece was part of diptych that I completed on the exterior of a space using spray paint on metal. The client for whom the piece was commissioned for had no ideas for what they wanted exactly. I asked a few questions about their space and their intent, and immediately thought of a concept without reasoning behind it. They loved it! Luckily they asked no questions after. I then returned to my studio to create my drafts to propose. All was good and I started the original one week later.

This piece was one of many experiments using both my interest in classical art and cartoons as much as my spiritual beliefs. I feel that juxtaposing these styles and colors created a difficult language to interpret and challenged the concept of the piece. In the process, I found myself working and over-thinking too much and decided to go ahead a use what I had planned. I executed the monochromatic points, composition and free styled the color ways of figure unveiled." - Johnny Robles

Detached is a 16 x 20 Inches Archival Pigment Print on 330gsm Fine Art Paper with a signed and numbered edition of 40.

On Sale today at NOON EST at 1xRUN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in